Bulgaria is gradually becoming a key destination for skilled foreign workers.
Table of Contents
Bulgaria is a Balkan nation with a wide range of fascinating mountains, plains, seas, rivers, lakes and some small desserts. Every year professional workers from worldwide choose Bulgaria to work due to its countless opportunities, promising economy, and low rate of unemployment.
If you are considering Bulgaria as your workplace, the first thing you need to check whether you need to obtain a work visa or not.
Who does not need a Bulgaria Work Visa?
If you are from an EU/EEA/Swiss country, you do not need to obtain a Bulgaria Work Visa and Bulgarian labour permits (Work permit). You only need to register with the nearest local Employment Office in Bulgaria just after your arrival.
Keep in mind if you are a Non-EU/EEA/Swiss resident, you need both a work permit as well as a work visa if you want to work in Bulgaria.
How to get a Bulgaria Work Visa?
If you want to enter Bulgaria for work, all you need is to obtain a Bulgaria Work Visa (Bulgaria Long-Stay Visa or Visa D). It will allow you to stay in Bulgaria long term for work. It is valid for up to six months or one year. Upon your arrival in Bulgaria, you need to obtain a residence permit if required.
Keep in mind before applying for a work visa; you also need to apply for a work permit.
What will be the process of getting a Bulgaria Work Permit?
If you are a Non-EU/EEA/Swiss citizen, along with a Bulgaria Work Visa you will also need to have a Bulgaria Work Permit before starting work in Bulgaria. Your employer in Bulgaria has to apply for the work permit.
The work permit for Bulgaria is only issued to the specific skilful and specialist workers. It is valid for up to a one-year. The Bulgarian employer will need the following document to submit the work permit application.
1. Valid passport copy of the employee
2. A document that shows the reasons for the request
3. Three photos of the foreign employee
4. A correct copy of Certificate of incorporation of the Bulgarian company
5. A report that shows education, skills and experience of a foreign Employee
6. Employment contract
7. Position of the foreign employee
Note that the processing time of a work permit will take around 3-5 working days.
What will be the requirements for a Bulgaria Work Visa?
You need to have the following documents to get a work visa for Bulgaria.
1. Completed Bulgaria Work Visa application form
2. Valid Passport
3. Passport-size photo
4. Proof that shows accommodation in Bulgaria
5. Clean Criminal record
6. Travel insurance from native country
7. A document of private health insurance
8. Proof of enough financial means
9. Work permit application form
10. A report that shows the reason for the request
11. Employment contract
12. Certified Registration document of your employer
13. Educational certificates
What will be the processing time of a Bulgaria Work Visa?
It will take around 10-15 working days for visa processing.