Mongolia Tourist Visa
Mongolia is a place of natural and cultural diversity and offers endless opportunities for discovery and adventure for everyone.
Mongolia is a state bordered by China and Russia, known for its huge, sturdy expanses and roving culture. It is also one of the most peaceful destinations for visitors and is one of the interesting and unmatched travel destinations in the world.
To visit Mongolia, you need to get a Mongolia Tourist Visa.
Who does not need a Mongolia visa?
If you are from any of the following countries, you can visit Mongolia without a visa for up to 90-days. You only need your valid passport to enter the state.
- Hong Kong SAR (China)
- Kyrgyz Republic
- United States of America
- Republic of Cuba
- Macau SAR (China)
- The Lao People’s Democratic Republic
- Russian Federation
- Argentine Republic
If you are a holder of a Diplomatic and Official passport issued by any of the following countries, you also do not need a visa to visit Mongolia.
- Democratic People’s Republic of Korea
- The People’s Republic of China
- The Republic of Korea
- Slovak Republic
- United Mexican States
- United Kingdom of Great Britain
- Northern Ireland
- Czech Republic
- The French Republic
- Union of Myanmar
- The Italian Republic
- The Swiss Confederation
Note that the holders of UNLP (United Nations Laissez-Passer) and the officials of the United Nations, specialized agencies can visit Mongolia without a visa for the purposes of business and residency.
How to get a Mongolia Tourist Visa?
If you are not from any visa-exempt countries listed above, you need to apply for a Mongolia Tourist Visa (J). It is issued to those who want to enter Mongolia for tourism purpose.
Requirements for a Mongolia Tourist Visa
You will need to have the following documents to get a Mongolia Tourist Visa (J).
1. Completed Mongolia Tourist Visa Application Form
2. Valid Passport
3. Passport size photo (3.5х4.5 cm)
4. Confirmation of flight ticket
5. Proof of accommodation in Mongolia
6. Evidence of visa fee payment
Note that if you want to visit relatives and friends in Mongolia, you need to apply for a Family visit visa.
Processing time for a Mongolia Tourist Visa
It will take about five working days for visa processing.
Cost of a Mongolia Tourist Visa
It will cost you:
- 40 GBP: For Single entry with a validity of 3 months (For a stay of up to 30 days)
- 55 GBP: For Double entry with a validity of 3 months (With a stay of up to 30 days)
- 70 GBP: For Multiple entries with validity of 6 to 12 months (For a stay of up to 30 days)
Note that the payment of a visa fee must be either via bank transfer or by taking a paying slip from the nearest Embassy of Mongolia.
Can you get a Mongolia Visa On Arrival?
If you are from any country have no Mongolian diplomatic mission, you are eligible to obtain a Visa On Arrival at the Mongolian border points.
The Top 7 Most Visited Places in Mongolia
Where should you visit in Mongolia? Check out the list of some of the top-rated places to visit in Mongolia.
2. Terelj National Park
3. Lake Khovsgol
4. Altai Tavan Bogd National Park
5. Orkhon Valley
6. Khustain Nuruu National Park