Malta Visit Visa
The crazy weather, flawless waterfalls, enthusiastic culture, glistening nightlife of Malta make it an ideal destination to visit.
It is one of the smallest European countries, and undoubtedly one of the most alluring countries. Malta is a land of historical buildings, astonishing landscapes, and spectacular cliffs. Here the Maltese Islands are one of the famous visitor attractions. Every year millions of visitors choose to visit Malta to admire its beauty.
If you want to visit Malta, the first thing you need to check is whether you need a visit visa for Malta or not.
Who does not need a Malta Visit Visa?
As you may already know, Malta is one of the Schengen Area countries. So, according to the Schengen Visa scheme, nationals of EU/EEA states are allowed to enter Malta for visit purposes without a visa for a stay of up to 90-days within 180-days.
If you are from any EU/EEA state, you do not need to apply for a visa to visit Malta. You only need to have your valid passport to enter the country. But if you are a Non-EU/EEA resident, you need to apply for a visit visa to enter Malta.
How to get a Malta Visit Visa?
If you want to visit Malta and you are from any Non-EU/EEA/Swiss country, you need to apply for a Malta Visit Visa. It is a type of Schengen Short-Stay Visa (Type C Visa), and it will allow you to stay in Malta for up to 90-days within six months.
Note that you have to apply for a visit visa at least 2 weeks before your arrival to Malta.
What will be the requirements for a Malta Visit Visa?
You must have the following documents if you want to get a Malta Visit Visa.
1. A Completed and signed Malta Visit Visa Application Form
2. Two Passport-size photos
3. A Travel document or Valid Passport
4. Evidence that shows Travel insurance
5. Proof of accommodation in Malta for your whole stay (i.e., hotel booking)
6. A Letter of invitation from the host (If applicable)
7. Proof that shows enough financial means for your entire stay
8. A Travel Itinerary document
9. Documents stating the purpose of visit
10. Evidence that shows visa fee payment
11. For medical treatment:
i. A medical report stating your condition
12. For the business meeting:
i. A confirmation letter from your employer in the native country
ii. An invitation letter from the company in Malta
What will be the processing time for a Malta Visit Visa?
It will take at least 15 working days for visa processing.
What will be the cost for a Malta Visit Visa?
The visit visa for Malta will cost you about €80 for adults, and for children from 6-12 age, the cost will be €45.
Is it expensive to visit Malta?
Malta is one of the expensive European travel destinations. During your visit to Malta, it will cost you at least €55 in a day.
The 7 Top-Rated Attractions in Malta
What to visit in Malta? Here is the list of seven amazing spots to visit in Malta.
1. Valletta: The Capital City
2. The Idyllic Island of Gozo
3. The Medieval Hilltop Town of Mdina
4. Historical Attractions in Rabat
5. Hal Saflieni Hypogeum
6. Prehistoric Tarxien Temples
7. Blue Lagoon
8. The Blue Grotto
9. Golden Bay Beach