Latvia Visit Visa
Latvia is a sparkling European destination for all four seasons. If you want to explore ancient traditions, Latvia is the right place for you.
It is a nation of Northern Europe in the Baltic region. Every year flocks of people are attracted to explore its attractive natural beauty. Riga is the capital city of Latvia, well-known for its fascinating art Nouveau architecture.
In Latvia, you can explore from tremendous forests to astonishing sandy beaches, lakes, and overwhelming rivers and lavish things to do. If you choose to visit Latvia, it will be the most exquisite experience of your life.
How to get a Latvia Visit Visa?
As you may already know, Latvia is one of the Schengen Area countries, and it allows nationals of various countries to enter the state without a visa.
So, if you are considering Latvia for your travel destination, the first thing you need to check whether you need a visa or not, it depends on your nationality.
1. For EU/EEA citizens:
If you are an EU/EEA/Swiss resident, you do not need to apply for a visa to visit Latvia. You are allowed to stay in the state for up to 90-days without a visa within six months. You only need to have your valid passport or identification card to enter Latvia.
2. For Non-EU/EEA/Swiss citizens:
If you are a Non-EU/EEA/Swiss resident, to visit Latvia, you need to apply for a Latvia Visit Visa (Schengen Short-Stay Visa/ Type C Visa). Generally, it is for a short stay visit, and it will allow you to stay for up to 90 days. You have to apply for a Latvia Visitor Visa at least two weeks before your arrival to Latvia.
What will be the requirements for a Latvia Visit Visa?
You will need the following documents to obtain a visit visa for Latvia.
1. Completed Latvia Visit Visa Application Form
2. Two Passport-size photos
3. A Valid passport
4. Travel insurance document
5. Proof of accommodation in Latvia for your stay (i.e., Hotel reservation)
6. A Bank Statement that shows sufficient financial means
7. A document that shows Criminal record from native country
8. A letter stating the purpose of visit
9. Health insurance document
10. Return ticket
11. Marital Status
12. Travel Itinerary
13. Letter of Invitation from the relatives in Latvia (If any)
14. A letter from your employer (If the purpose of the visit is to attend a business meeting)
15. A medical report and a receipt of medical treatment fees payment (If you are visiting Latvia for medical treatment)
What will be the cost of a Latvia Visit Visa?
For adults, the cost of a Latvia Visit Visa will be €60, and €35 for children under 12. It is free for children under 6.
What will be the processing time for a Latvia Visit Visa?
The processing time depends on various factors, but generally, it will take around 15 days for visa processing.
Is it expensive to visit Latvia?
You will be happy to know that Latvia is quite reasonable as compared to many other countries. During your visit to Latvia, you can expect to spend about €52 in a day.
The Top 5 Fascinations in Latvia
What to visit in Latvia? There are the following top 5 most visited fascinations in Latvia.
1. Riga (The largest and most thrilling municipality)
2. Gauja National Park
5. Turaida Museum-Reserve