Honduras is a fantastic state in Central America with an area of 112,492 sq. Km. It is a country with astonishing biodiversity, and it is a remarkably satisfying destination to visit.
Table of Contents
From sturdy mountains and deep valleys to the breathtaking national parks and incredible Maya ruins, it has a lot to offer. It is full of greenery and stunning mountains. Honduras is a unique country because of its large wilderness area. If you want to visit Honduras, the first thing you need is to check whether you need a visit visa for Honduras or not.
Who does not need a Honduras Visit Visa?
If you are from any of the following states, you do not need a visa to visit Honduras. You are allowed to remain in the nation for up to 90 days without a visa. You only need a valid passport to enter the country.
European Union / EFTA member states
Antigua and Barbuda
Peru (For up to 30 days)
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Sao Tome and Principe
Trinidad and Tobago
United Arab Emirates
Other Honduras visa-exceptions:
You can also enter Honduras without a visa for a stay of up to 90 days if you satisfy any of the following conditions.
1. All the nationals of China holding passports for public affairs.
2. If you are a holder of a valid visa issued by Canada, the United States or a Schengen member state. The mentioned condition does not apply to the nationals of the following countries.
Republic of the Congo
The Democratic Republic of the Congo
3. All the holders of diplomatic, official or service passports of Jamaica, Kenya, Libya, Montenegro, Morocco, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Peru, Philippines, Serbia, Belarus, Bolivia, China, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Egypt, Fiji, Grenada, Guyana, Haiti, India, Suriname, Thailand and the United Arab Emirates.
4. All the holders of diplomatic passports of Palestine.
Note that if you are not from any of the mentioned above Honduras visa exemption conditions, you need to apply for a Honduras Visit Visa.
How to get a Honduras Visit Visa?
If you are not from any Honduras visa exceptions state, you need to apply for a Honduras Visit/Tourist Visa to enter the country for a short stay visit. It will allow you to remain in the state for up to 90-days. You need to apply for a Honduras visa at the nearest Hundreds embassy or consultant in your native country.
Requirements for a Honduras Visit Visa
You must have the following documents to obtain a Honduras visa.
5. A cover letter that shows the purpose of your visit
6. Proof of visa fee payment
7. Health insurance document
8. A bank statement that shows enough financial means
9. Proof of accommodation in Honduras
Cost of a Honduras Visit Visa
It will cost:
For Single Entry Visa: $30
For Multiple Entry Visa: $60
Processing time for a Honduras Visit Visa
The processing time for a Honduras visa depends on the location of the Honduras Embassy or consultant where you are applying for a visa.
What is a Central America-4 (CA-4) agreement?
According to the CA-4 (Central America-4) agreement between El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua, the nationals who have a valid visa of any of these four countries are allowed to travel to the other three without need to apply for an additional visa or permit for up to 90 days.