Malta Student Visa
Students who are not under the Visa waiver program to visit Malta will need to apply for Malta Student Visa if they wish to study in Malta.
Students who opt for Malta for their further studies are guaranteed to not just have a great time on off days relaxing on the many beaches, but also when they are busy studying. This is mainly because of the unique Problem Based Learning or the PBL system that encourages students to solve problems based on a practical approach as well as self-analysis that is combined with self-study and self-discipline.
Thus, students who choose to study abroad in Malta are guaranteed of quality education through self-awareness, combined with world recognition.
"Learn about the requirements for studying in Malta, such as how much does Malta study visa costs? What documents will you be needing for applying for a study visa? Etc"
Tuition fees for studying in Malta
Prior to arrival, at the stage where applicants are in receipt of the acceptance letter, students are authorized to pay a non-refundable deposit as stated;
EU/ EEA Nationals €240 EU/ EEA Nationals applying for B.Sc. IT study-units €640 Non-EU/ EEA Nationals €1,080
On resuming, students are required to register for at least eight ECTS per semester. In line with the University of Malta principles, students can register for at most thirty ECTS per semester and at most 60 ECTS per year.
Living costs in Malta
Studying in Malta for international students can be a very exciting experience as living expenses in Malta are comparatively lower than the rest of the EU.
As an international student, your monthly living expenses can come around 500 Euro per month including food, transportation, and leisure activities.
Malta student visa process
Go to the visavendor.com. Here you will have to:
- Fill in the Assessment form
- Receive our email
- You will have to pay the refundable visa service fee that Visa Vendor charges
- After your payment, you will be given credentials of your portal
- You will attach all your important documents that are mentioned in the checklist above
- Your application will be finalized
- Once your application is completed, it will be sent to the embassy to get processed
Malta student visa processing time
After the appointment, the visa processing time may take an additional 1 to 4 weeks. Therefore, it could take as long as an approximate 8 to 9 weeks from the time the student sends a request to Travisa, to when they receive the passport and visa back from the consulate.
Malta Student Visa Requirements
- two passport-sized photos.
- Copy of the applicant’s passport (passport details showing the date and place of Issue).
- Official Transcript from the applicant’s University. A certified English translation should be provided if the applicant’s transcript/certificate is not in English.
- Official recommendation letter from the student’s home University or English Language Proficiency certificate.
- Student Health Information
- Non-refundable application fees as related (exchange students are excluded from paying application fees).
- Students for exchange program should have endorsed letter from the home University of the applicant (with official seal) which recommends the applicant to study at the University of Malta for a period of one/two semesters as applicable.
List of Countries whose students don't need a visa to study in Malta
Antigua and Barbuda
United States of America
Holy See (Vatican City State)
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Trinidad and Tobago
United Arab Emirates
Best Universities in Malta according to International Rankings
Times Higher Education Ranking (2020)
Shanghai Jiao Tong University Ranking (2019)
TopUniversities Ranking (2020)
U.S. News & World Report Ranking (2020)
University of Malta