Luxembourg Study Visa
It will be a distinctive experience of your life if you choose Luxembourg as a destination for your higher education.
Luxembourg is a tiny state with contemporary society. Here you will experience the diversity of cultures as it is a mixture of different religions, Dutch, German, and French cultures. That is why Luxembourg is a multilingual state.
To study in Luxembourg, the first step you need to check is whether you need a visa or not.
Who does not need a Luxembourg Study Visa?
As you may already know, Luxembourg is a member state of the Schengen Agreement, and it follows the standard visa rules applicable to all Schengen countries. If you are from any EU/EEA country, you need not need a visa for Luxembourg. Click here to see the list of these countries.
But if you are not an EU/EEA citizen, you have to apply for a study visa to study in Luxembourg.
How to get a Luxembourg Study Visa?
If you are from any Non-EU/EEA country, you require a visa to stay in the country until your study period. All you need to obtain a Luxembourg Study Visa; is a type of a Long Term Visa. It will allow you to stay in the state for study purposes. Before applying for a study visa, you need to obtain two things:
1. An acceptance letter from a recognized higher educational institute in Luxembourg.
2. A temporary authorization to stay: It is valid for only 90 days. So after getting a temporary authorization to stay, you have to apply for a study visa within these 90 days.
Note that you also need to apply for a residence permit after you arrive in Luxembourg if you want to live and study in Luxembourg.
How to get a residence permit for Luxembourg?
Just after you arrive in Luxembourg, you also need to get a receipt of your arrival declaration from the commune administration. You must have the following documents for this.
- Valid Passport
- A temporary authorization to stay (Original)
- Proof of accommodation in Luxembourg (i.e., rental document)
After submitting these documents, you will receive a receipt of the declaration of arrival. The copy of the confirmation of arrival receipt and the temporary authorization to stay both will work as permit of study and remain in the state legally until the residence permit is issued. You need the following documents if you want to get a residence permit.
- Valid passport
- Copy of the temporary authorization to stay
- Proof that shows registration in a Luxembourg institution
- Copy of the approval of arrival (From the communal authority)
- Proof of fee payment (EUR 80)
What will be the required documents for a Luxembourg Study Visa?
You need to have the following documents if you want to get a Luxembourg Study Visa.
1. Completed Luxembourg Study Visa Application Form
3. Visa fee payment
4. Passport-size photos
5. Birth Certificate
6. An acceptance letter from the institution in Luxembourg
7. Health insurance
8. Academic documents (The ministry of education and science must recognize your secondary school certificate)
9. A bank statement stating sufficient financial resources
10. Criminal record from native country
11. Proof of accommodation in Luxembourg
Note that you need to apply for a study visa at least three months before your arrival plan.
What will be the studying cost in Luxembourg?
The cost of the study depends on the type of subject and institution. But usually, it ranges from €400 to €800 per year.
Note that for business-related subjects, it will cost more, around €4,000 to €5,000 per year.